Mama Rose's Lasagna
photo by Chef shapeweaver
- Ready In:
- 1hr 55mins
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 lb ground pork
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt (to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (26 ounce) jar of tomato and basil spaghetti sauce (I used Ragu' )
- 9 no-boil lasagna sheets
- 2 eggs
- 16 ounces small curd cottage cheese
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder, divided
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese (the shaker type stuff ) or 1/2 cup romano cheese (the shaker type stuff )
- 2 cups Italian cheese blend, divided
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, the first seven ingredients along with 1 teaspoon of the garlic powder.
- Cook until meat is browned and veggies are tender.
- Drain and return to skillet add spaghetti sauce stir well ,turn to low and simmer for 20 minutes.
- While sauce is simmering, mix together eggs and cottage cheese.
- In a lightly greased or sprayed 11x 8 inch baking dish,add 1/3 of the sauce.
- Place 3 sheets of lasagna side by side,place 1/3 of cottage cheese/egg mixture over the lasagna.
- Top with 1/3 of the Italian cheese blend, and sprinkle 1/4 cup of the parmesan/romano over that.
- Mix together the remaining garlic powder and Italian seasoning, and sprinkle over the cheese.
- Top with 3 more of the lasagna sheets side by side, top with another 1/3 of the cottage cheese/egg mixture.
- Sprinkle with 1/3 more of the Italian cheese blend,spread 1/3 more of the meat mixture over the cheese.
- Place the last 3 of the the lasagna sheets over the meat,top with the last of the cottage cheese/ egg mixture,with a slotted spoon add remaining meat over the cottage cheese /egg layer.
- Top that layer with the remaining 1/3 of the Italian cheese blend, and sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 cup of parmesan/romano cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes, remove foil and bake for another 10 minutes or until cheese is light browned and bubbly.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Even though I haven't been here for a long time, MY recipes aren't up for adoption. :) And don't change any of them either. ;)