Maltese Baked Rice (Better Than the Original!!)
- Ready In:
- 3 (340 g) cans corned beef
- 1 (500 g) jar tomato paste
- 3 -4 eggs
- 4 cups rice
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Cook rice.
- Heat oil in a large fry pan.
- Add Corned Beef and break into small pieces.
- Cook the Corned Beef for approx 5 mins until it starts to turn into a paste.
- Add Tomato Paste and stir until mixed throughly.
- Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in Sugar to minimise acidity.
- Once the rice is cooked through, place the rice and Corned Beef mixture together in a large baking dish.
- Separate egg white's and egg yolk.
- Throw away egg white's and whip egg yolk's until mixed.
- Pour egg yolk over the top and place into the oven at 180 degrees for 30-40mins or until top is golden brown.
- Serve and enjoy!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!