Malaysian Beef Satay
- Ready In:
- 1 lb beef steak, cut into long, thin strips (or other meat)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1 teaspoon fenugreek seeds
- 2 red chilies, chopped finely
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed (or finely diced)
- 1 tablespoon Thai red curry paste
- 7 fluid ounces coconut milk
- 1 red chili pepper, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 fluid ounces fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons chunky peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon roasted peanuts, chopped
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- If you're using wooden skewers, soak them for 30 minutes prior to grilling so they don't burn.
- Heat oil in a frying pan, add the fennel and fenugreek and fry until they start to pop (30 seconds to 1 minute).
- Add the chillies, garlic, and curry paste. Fry another 2 minutes, stirring.
- Remove from heat and mix in the coconut milk. Put mixture in a large ziploc with the meat and marinate at least 30 minutes (overnight is best).
- Heat grill to high. Skewer the meat and grill 8-10 minutes or until cooked.
- While meat is grilling, place red chile, lime juice, fish sauce, peanut butter, peanuts, and green onions in a small saucepan and heat.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!