Malawach ( Yemenite Fried Dough)
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
.This recipe I got from a true yemenite, that her family has made this for years, this is a genuine recipe, and is very very good.
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 4mins
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour (591.25 ml)
- 1 cup warm water (236.5 ml)
- 1 teaspoon salt (5 ml)
- 1⁄4 lb margarine (113 g)
- 1.Put flour and salt in food processor and add water. (Use plastic blade.).
- 2.Process until dough forms a ball.
- 3.Add more flour or water as needed. Dough should be very soft, but not sticky.
- 4.Transfer dough to a bowl, cover and let stand 1 hour.
- 5.Divide it into 2 parts.
- 6.Roll out 1 part and spread with half the margarine.
- 7.Fold in thirds, roll out and fold in thirds again. Do this 1 more time.
- 8.Let stand covered with a damp towel for 1 hour.
- 9.Do the same with rest of dough.
- 10.Divide dough in thirds.
- 11.Roll out each piece very thinly.
- 12.Heat skillet add 1 tsp margarine and fry bread in until golden brown. Flip over and cook second side until golden too.
- 13.Transfer to a warm plate while you do the rest.
- 14.Serve warm with hummus or a tomato sauce.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION