Make Ahead Tenderloin Sandwiches
photo by Andi Longmeadow Farm
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 10mins
- Bake tenderloin in 200 degree oven for 2 hours, turning & basting with basting mixture every 20 minutes. Will cook to medium rare - 145 degrees.
- While roasting, slice small silver dollar rolls and spread bun spread mixture on them.
- When meat is done, let rest at least a half an hour. I've let it sit overnight. Using an electric knife, slice meat into thin slices, piling several slices onto each bun. Put buns on a jelly roll pan lined with parchment paper. Cover with foil and put in fridge until ready to cook. Put a damp towel over buns. Remove foil before you do this and then bake in 350 degree oven for 10-15 minutes.
- Serve to a party or any kind of gathering and step back for the stampede!
- If there are any left, freeze individually for quick snacks or small meals. FANTASTIC!
- Perfect for Sunday afternoons watching football, Friday nights when the teenagers invade my house looking for something besides doritos (they know that I will feed them well!), or weeknights when we are crazy driving from one activity to another and need something substantial -- not hamburger helper or easy mac.
This is truly amazing, and so easy! I didn't have the silver dollar rolls, but did have some fresh kaiser rolls, so decided to use those. Other then that, I followed to a tee. The spread is stupendous, and just makes everything taste so perfect, a great blend of seasonings and butter. YUM! Made for PICK A CHEF Fall 2012
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love food! I believe naming your recipe is just as important as the ingredients. If it sounds good, the kids will have a positive attitude towards it, before they even take a bite. I'm a stay at home mom of three (twins almost 16 years old and an 8-year old). I'd rather cook than clean. I spend hours pouring over my cookbook collection and even more time with my cooking magazines, cutting and pasting recipes into my own binders. If I had a month off, I'd take my family to Florida and Mexico. We'd sit on the beaches and eat fresh seafood forever! And of course, DH and I would enjoy endless Coronas and Tequila Sunrises while our very competant nanny watches the kids.