Make-Ahead Smoky Chipotle Chicken Chili - OAMC
- Ready In:
- 1 lb lean ground chicken
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can black beans, rinsed
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup sweet and spicy barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground chipotle chile pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 3⁄4 cup mexican style shredded cheese
- 2 green onions, sliced thin
- Cook and stir first 3 ingredients in large nonstick skillet on high heat 8 to 10 minute or until chicken is done. Add tomatoes, beans, green peppers, barbecue sauce, chili powder and chipotle chile pepper; mix well. Bring to boil; simmer on medium-low heat 25 min., stirring occasionally. Cool completely.
- Spoon chili into freezer container; freeze up to 1 month.
- Thaw chili in refrigerator overnight. When ready to serve, bring to boil in saucepan, then simmer on medium-low heat 10 to 15 minute or until heated through, stirring occasionally. Stir in cilantro just before serving. Top with cheese and green onions.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm just me, mother, grandmother...friend to many and a Louisianian. My Cajun and French Quarter Italian descent afforded me exposure to some of the best of foods. My passions are my family, decorating, cooking and gardening. Those very passions push me into constant awareness with always looking for something new to delight the senses, thus my favorite idiom...Inspire me, puuuullllllleeeeeeease! ...and I mean it, too. God Bless America!