Make Ahead Mashed Potatoes With Roasted Garlic and Chives
photo by Tinkerbell
- Ready In:
- 32 ounces organic chicken broth (I used my homemade chicken and vegetable broth)
- 4 -5 lbs russet potatoes
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons roasted garlic (more or less, to taste)
- 4 -6 tablespoons milk
- 4 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped (for garnish)
- Pour the chicken broth into a large pot and bring to a boil.
- Meanwhile, peel potatoes and slice them into 1-inch thick slices. Add to the boiling chicken broth. If needed, add water enough to cover the potatoes. Boil until fork tender. Remove about 1/2 cup of the cooking liquid, then drain the potatoes.
- In a mixer bowl, combine potatoes, cream cheese, butter, roasted garlic, milk, salt, pepper and chives. Add small amounts of cooking liquid, as needed. Mix or whip until combined.
- Spray a 9x13 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray, and spread potatoes into dish. Cool and refrigerate overnight.
- 30 minutes before baking: Preheat oven to 350° and.remove the potatoes from the refrigerator.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes, or until lightly browned. Sprinkle with chopped chives and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hi! I am happily married with two children, 26 and 12. For nearly 10 years when this site was Recipezaar and then Food.com I hosted several different forums. I enjoyed making, creating, reviewing, and photographing recipes, but what I miss the most are the friendships I made here. I was Food Editor for the Mill Creek View Newspaper in Mill Creek, WA. for about 4 years during that time. Currently I am the office manager at a small mental health clinic. I'm not on this site much anymore, but I do continue to appreciate and respond to all reviews posted to my recipes.