Make-Ahead Large Batch Homemade Taco Seasoning
photo by Charmie777
- Ready In:
- 6 tablespoons chili powder
- 3 -4 tablespoons cumin (less if desired)
- 2 tablespoons onion powder (or to taste) or 2 tablespoons garlic powder (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon Mexican oregano
- 1⁄2 tablespoon coriander powder (not dried cilantro)
- 1 -2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (more or less to taste)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons granulated sugar (optional)
- Combine ingredients in a container with lid.
- Shake vigorously.
- Store in freezer until ready to use.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I am currently retired and trying to salvage our <br />family heirloom recipes that my mother left 40 years ago hand written on now fading recipe cards. <br /><br />I would like to share some of these recipes with the general public. Of course they reflect the old high fat 'un-healthy style of cooking done fruequently in those days. So, if you see something you like, feel free to try to modify it to a more healthy modern equivalent if you don't think it will hurt anything. I see it this way: recipes are guidelines, not commandments.</p>