Make Ahead Biscuits
photo by pastawendy
- Ready In:
- Mix dry ingredients. (You may use some whole wheat flour in place of white flour.).
- Cut in the shortening with a pastry blender or knives.
- Dissolve the yeast in the warm water.
- Add buttermilk and yeast mixture to the dry ingredients and stir to blend.
- Bring dough together on a floured surface and kneed lightly. (No more than 12 times - this is the key to keeping the biscuits light.).
- Roll or pat to 1/2 inch thick.
- Cut into 3 dozen biscuits.
- Bake at 450 for 10 - 12 minutes.
- Alternately, place unbaked biscuits on a parchment paper covered baking sheet. Freeze until solid. Store in freezer bags. When you want to use them, remove from freezer and allow to defrost on a baking sheet before baking at 450 for 10 - 12 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!