Maiale Sarrona--Pork Tenderloin W/ Amaretto and Sun-Dried Tomato
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Pork tenderloin with Amaretto, currants and sun-dried tomatoes. From Cafe Lucci :O) I will put in an estimate for the time.
- Ready In:
- 2 (12 ounce) pork tenderloin, trimmed of all fat
- 2 ounces clarified butter
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 2 ounces Amaretto
- 1⁄2 cup demi-glace
- 1⁄4 cup currants
- 1⁄4 cup sun-dried tomato
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 ounce unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Preheast an oven-proof sauté pan over high heat. Add clarified butter and tenderloins, searing on both sides until golden brown. Once tenderloins are seared, drain butter and add shallots. Cook until they are translucent. Remove pan from heat and add Amaretto. Be careful to avoid flare-up when returning pan to heat. Add demi-glace, currants and sun-dried tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper and place pan in oven.
- Bake in oven to desired doneness, about 10 minutes for medium. Remove from oven and return pan to stove over medium heat, placing tenderloins on work surface. Whisk in butter and reduce sauce to smooth consistency. Slice tenderloins on the bias and arrange on plates. Spoon sauce over tenderloins and serve.
- For the health conscious and great color, steamed fresh broccoli is the perfect companion.
- Suggested wine - 1998 Carpineto Chianti Riserva.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION