Mahogany Chicken Wings
- Ready In:
- 6 -7 lbs chicken wings
- 1 1⁄2 cups soy sauce
- 3⁄4 cup dry sherry
- 3⁄4 cup chinese plum sauce
- 18 green onions, minced
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 3⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- In a 3 quart saucepan, combine all ingredients except wings.
- Bring to a boil and simmer 5 minute.
- Let cool.
- Split wings and discard tips, pour cooled sauce over wings and refrigerate overnight.
- Place oven racks in upper and lower thirds of oven.
- Preheat to 375 degrees.
- Oil 2 large shallow roasting pans.
- Drain wings, and bake uncovered 1-1 1/2 hours, basting every 20 minutes.
- with remaining sauce and turn to brown evenly.
- Switch pans halfway through cooking.
- Let wings cool and wrap and store for up to 3 days.
- Serve at room temperature.
Join The Conversation
Oh yes! So good! I think the plum sauce really makes this recipe. I lined my pan with heavy duty foil -- but then put a sheet of the non-stick aluminum foil on top of it. I would highly recommend this step. I also found that these did not take the 1 1/2 hours to bake in my oven. It was more like 1 hour. I checked them every 10 to 15 minutes -- just so they wouldn't get too dark. I think I'll also lower the temp to 365 the next time I make these (and there will be MANY next times). I really didn't baste these once I put them in the oven -- but I had marinated them for about 16 hours. I appreciate having this recipe -- thanks for posting it.