Mahi Mahi in Caper Garlic Cream Sauce
Yummy. I love mahi mahi and this is a terrific sauce.
- Ready In:
- 4 mahi mahi fillets
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
Caper Garlic Cream Sauce
- 2 tablespoons garlic, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 cups heavy cream (I used fat free half and half)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- For sauce- combine all ingredients except lemon juice and reduce by half over medium heat.
- Add lemon juice and serve over prepared mahi mahi fillets.
- For fillets- Coat bottom of a large skillet with olive oil and heat to almost smoking.
- Salt and pepper fillets and pan sear each fillet for 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Plate each fillet and serve with Caper Garlic Cream Sauce.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This is a wonderful recipe! We live in Hawaii and have been looking for an easy fish recipe. I’ve made it twice according to the recipe instructions (by half, made it for two), and each time it was perfect! I’d say it takes about 30 minutes on medium heat for the sauce to thicken - once it starts to boil I reduced the heat a bit. Make sure you don’t add the lemon juice right away, I pulled it off the heat for a bit before adding it. Also the sauce is great with your vegetable. I told my husband that I would even make it for company....and, that is something for me! by half for 2) anReply
The cook time on this says 15 minutes, but after 40 minutes on medium heat the sauce had barely reduced. I thought perhaps a little more heat was needed, but at '7' out of '10' on my stove it curdled almost immediately. This sauce may or may not be good when prepared correctly, but the instructions given are clearly not correct.Reply
see 20 more