Magic Chocolate Mud Cake
This "magically" separates into a light, sponge and a velvety chocolate sauce, as it cooks.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup self rising flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 5 tablespoons cocoa powder
- plain yogurt or vanilla ice cream, to serve
- Preheat oven to 350°F Lightly grease a 6-cup straight sided oven proof dish and place on a baking sheet.
- Place the butter in a saucepan. Add 3/4 cup of the sugar and 2/3 cup of the milk. heat gently. stir occasionally, until the butter has melted and all the sugar is dissolved. remove pan from heat.
- Sift flour, cinnamon and 1 tbls. of the cocoa powder into the pan and stir into the mixture, mixing evenly. Pour the mixture into the prepared dish and level the surface.
- Sift the remaining sugar and cocoa powder into a bowl, mix well, then sprinkle it over the cake mixture.
- Pour remaining milk over the cake.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until the sponge has risen to the top and is firm to the touch. Serve hot, with yogurt or vanilla ice cream.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION