photo by Food.com
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 4 eggs, at room temperature (separate whites from yolks)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk, lukewarm
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar, for dusting
- strawberry (optional garnish)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease an 8 X 8 inch glass baking dish.
- Place egg whites in a medium bowl. Whisk to stiff peaks with an electric hand mixer. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat egg yolks with sugar until light, about 1-2 minutes. Add butter and vanilla extract and keep beating for another minute or two . Add flour and mix until fully incorporated.
- Slowly start adding the milk and beat until everything is well mixed ( can do with a regular whisk). Add the egg whites, a third at a time and fold them in using a spatula. Repeat until all egg whites are folded inches It is ok to have a bunch of white clumps.
- Pour batter into greased baking dish and bake for 50-70 minutes or until top is light golden brown and cake is only a little jiggly.
- Dust with confectioner's sugar after it has cooled. Serve with strawberries if desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hungry for good food AND great conversation? Food.com boasts a smorgasbord of over 500,000 recipes and a community-inspired activity feed that allows our users to add reviews, tweaks, questions and photos to their favorite recipes. Grab a plate and join the fun!