- Ready In:
- Beat butter, brown sugar, soda, and spices with electric mixer on medium speed, until well blended and paler in color.
- Beat in molasses and egg (the mixture will look curdled).
- Gradually beat in flour on low speed, until just blended.
- Cover and chill for 1 hour, or until firm enough to handle.
- Put granulated sugar in small bowl; roll dough into balls by tablespoons, and roll in sugar.
- Place 1 ½ inches apart on ungreased baking sheets and bake 10-12 minutes at 350, until tops crack but cookies are still soft to touch.
- Place baking sheet on wire rack. Immediately press chocolate kiss into the center of each cookie.
- Transfer cookies from baking sheet to rack to cool completely; store in airtight container for up to 2 weeks, or freeze for up to 3 months.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
My most important characteristic is this: I am a child of God through the gracious work of Jesus Christ! I love to be with my family and friends. Interests? Writing, reading, cooking, dancing, teaching, splashing in puddles...I am an English teacher, wannabe children's author, and a bit of a health nut...and I can't stand high pitched squeaky noises.