Madison Avenue Potato Salad
- Ready In:
For the Salad
- 4 lbs white rose potatoes or 4 lbs yukon gold potatoes
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) can black olives, chopped
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 1 dill pickle, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
For the Dressing
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 tablespoons wine vinegar (I use dill pickle juice)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1 small onion, grated
- salt and black pepper (I use about 1/2 tsp of each)
- Cover whole, unpeeled potatoes with water in a large pot. Bring to boil. Cook for 20-25 minutes, or until a fork easily slides into the center without resistance. If desired, peel the skins off. Dice.
- While the potatoes cook, whisk together the dressing ingredients. Taste for seasoning; add salt and pepper to taste.
- Place all salad ingredients in a large bowl. Pour dressing over the top and stir to combine; ideally, the potatoes will still be warm at this point. Cover and chill in the refrigerator for several hours to allow the flavors to blend.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!