Made from Scratch Lime Pound Cake
- Ready In:
1 small cake
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 whole eggs
- 3 egg whites
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil (or choice of oil)
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 ounce unflavored gelatin (4 pkts or one box)
- 1 1⁄2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon milk or 1 tablespoon water
To Prepare the Cakepan
- 1 tablespoon vegetable shortening
- 1 tablespoon unbleached all-purpose flour
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease and flour cakepan.
- In a separate bowl, sift flour and baking soda and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together sugar, eggs, egg whites, veggie oil, water and lime juice. Add in sour cream and gelatine. Then gradually add in the presifted flour and baking soda.
- Pour into prepared cakepan and bake at 350 for approximately 30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for 20 minutes or so, before removing from pan.
- While cooling prepare glaze. Add together confectioner's sugar, lime juice, water or milk and stir until smooth.
- Pour glaze over warm cake and allow to cool.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!