Madagascar Vary Amin Anana
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 lb chuck, boneless cut in 1/2 inch cube
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 tomatoes, cut in 1/2 inch chunks
- 1 bunch scallion, cut in 1 inch pieces
- 1⁄2 lb mustard greens, cut in small pieces
- 1⁄2 lb spinach, cut in small pieces
- 1 bunch watercress, cut in small pieces
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup rice
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- In a 4 quart saucepan saute the meat in 2 Tbs oil until brown on all sides.
- Add tomato and cook 10 minutes.
- Add scallions, greens, spinach and watercress. Saute, stirring occasionally, with cover on until veggies soften.
- Add water, be sure it is enough to cover the veggies, and rice, salt and pepper.
- Cover tightly and simmer slowly until rice is thoroughly cooked and all liquid is absorbed.
- Correct seasoning to your taste.
- Serve with hot papper Sakay as a relish to accompany.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
As I am in South Florida, I have many edible fruits and perennial veggies in my yard. So, I like to cook with them.