Madagascar Akoho Sy Voanio (Chicken)
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This is a very common dish in Madagascar. When one can afford it.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper to taste.
- Slice tomatoes into small cubes. Set aside.
- Shred the coconut into a clean cloth. Fold the cloth around the shredded coconut. Wet the cloth using a glass of warm water. Squeeze the cloth and the shredded coconut to extract the coconut milk. Discard the shredded coconut.
- If obtaining and shredding a fresh coconut is not possible, you may substitute a can of unsweetened coconut milk instead.
- Add a small amount of oil to a frypan.
- Saute chicken until done over medium heat.
- Add onions to pan. Continue stirring over medium heat until the onions are brown.
- Add ginger, tomatoes and garlic to the pan. Saute together briefly over medium heat.
- Add coconut milk. ix well. Reduce heat.
- Simmer over low heat for 30 minutes.
- Serve with rice and salad.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION