Macaroni With Mimolette and Comte' Cheese
photo by Potagekempcc
- Ready In:
- 1 lb elbow macaroni
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter (Split)
- 5 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon chili powder (Piment D' Espeletette)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 cup creme fraiche
- 2 tablespoons fresh marjoram (Chopped)
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley (Chopped)
- 2 tablespoons French thyme (Chopped)
- 10 ounces mimolette cheese (Grated)
- 5 ounces comte cheese (Grated)
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- Grease a baking dish with 1-tablespoon butter and set aside.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a full boil. Add pasta and cook until al dente. Drain pasta and toss with olive oil.
- In a large saucepan melt remaining butter. Whisk in flour and cook roux for 2-3 minutes. Whisk in heavy cream and stir until sauce thickens. Add bay leaf.
- Add Dijon mustard, Piment D' Espelette, nutmeg, sea salt, white pepper and stir until combined.
- Fold in Mimolette and Comte' cheese and stir until sauce has thickened.
- Fold in crème fraiche and fresh herbs.
- Remove from heat and discard bay leaf.
- Season with fine sea salt and white pepper to taste.
- Combine macaroni and cheese sauce into prepared baking dish.
- Scatter seasoned bread crumbs over top.
- Place baking dish on a sheet pan. Bake in pre-heated oven at 350 F for 30-minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!