- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons light olive oil
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 1 lb tomatoes, skinned, seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon sweet basil, fresh and minced
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, ground fresh and to taste
- 1 lb macaroni
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups parmigiano-reggiano cheese, grated
- In a saute pan,heat the olive oil and 2 tablespoons butter and saute the minced onion until lightly browned.
- Add tomatoes and basil.
- Season with salt (remembering that the cheese is salty) and black pepper.
- Simmer gently,uncovered for 45 minutes.
- Cook the macaroni,according to package directions,drain out the cooking water and rinse the cooked macaroni in cool water.
- In the pot that you cooked the macaroni,combine rinsed macaroni with 4 tablespoons butter,the cooked tomato sauce and 1 cup of the cheese.
- Heat well and serve it with remaining cup of cheese in a bowl and make sure that you have a peppermill at the table.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!