Macaroni & Cheese Arancini
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
From Belle in the Big Apple by Brooke Parkhurst. I haven't tried it but it sounds interesting.
- Ready In:
- 1 (16 ounce) box pasta
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 4 ounces grated parmesan cheese
- 8 ounces grated cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder
- salt & pepper
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- Cook pasta according to directions, drain. Add the heavy cream to the empty pot and simmer.
- Whisk in the cheeses and cook until thickened about 5 minutes.
- Add pasta, garlic, paprika and cayenne to the cheese mixture. Stir until well combined.
- Spread the mixture into a thin layer on a parchment lined baking sheet and refrigerate for 3 hours or until thoroughly chilled.
- Scoop a generous tablesppon of the mixture into your hands and roll into a tight ball. Refrigerate when finished.
- Melt butter in a large pan and add the bread crumbs. Cook over medium heat until bread crumbs are golden brown. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Put flour into a second bowl and the eggs into a third, whisking them the water.
- Roll the macaroni & cheese ball in the flour and shake off excess. Next dip the ball into the eggs and then into the bread crumbs. Continue until all balls are done making sure they are well coated with the bread crumbs.
- Arrange on a parchment lined baking sheet making sure they do not touch one another.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes at 350. Rest for 3 minutes before servings.
- **Note prep time does not include 3 hours chilling time.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION