Macaroni and Cheese With Ham - Macaroni Met Ham En Kaas
A savory and delicious way to use up leftover ham from the Michigan Dutch chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
- Ready In:
- 1 (8 ounce) package elbow macaroni
- 1⁄2 lb ham, chopped
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter (no substitutions)
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon butter, melted
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon peel, finely chopped
- Cook macaroni in boiling salted water to al dente stage.
- While macaroni is cooking, preheat oven to 350F and lightly grease baking dish.
- Drain macaroni well and layer in prepared baking dish with ham and cream cheese, dotting each layer of macaroni with butter.
- Lightly sprinkle with nutmeg.
- Beat eggs and milk together; add melted butter and lemon peel.
- Pour over macaroni.
- Place filled baking pan in a larger pan of hot water and bake for 30 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION