Macaroni and Cheese Soup
photo by *Parsley*
- Ready In:
- 2 cups elbow macaroni
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 (14 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with green pepper and onion, drained
- 1 lb Velveeta cheese, cubed
- salt and pepper
- hot red pepper sauce
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded (optional)
- Bring a medium saucepan of lightly salted water to a boil over high heat.
- Add the macaroni and cook until tender, about 9 minutes. Drain well.
- Meanwhile heat the broth and the tomatoes to a simmer in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Gradually whisk in the Velveeta until melted.
- Stir in the cooked macaroni and heat through.
- Season soup with salt and pepper and then add hot sauce.
- Serve topped with cheddar cheese if desires.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!