Macaroni and Cheese Cake
This sounded so weird that I had to save it. One of these lazy Sunday's I will get up the nerve to make it. If you do please let me know how it is.
- Ready In:
- 2 ounces fresh lasagna sheets
- canola oil cooking spray
- 1⁄2 cup pure fine unbleached cane sugar, plus
- 1 tablespoon pure fine unbleached cane sugar
- 3 fresh strawberries
- 1 cup chevre cheese
- 1 cup cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons strawberry-raspberry preserves
- Using a round 2-inch mold, cut lasagna sheets into 6 circles and boil for 2 minutes with 1/2 cup sugar. Coat the lasagna noodles in canola oil spray and dust with sugar, set aside. Slice strawberries, coat in sugar, and set aside. Fold chevre and whipped cream cheese together. Add 1/2 cup sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice, to taste.
- Assembly: place round 2-inch mold on lasagna circles, place strawberry slice at bottom, fill halfway with cheese mixture, add jam, top with more cheese and pat cheese down. Pull mold off, place strawberries on top and sprinkle with sugar.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I made double the recipe and used my mini cheesecake pan to make 8 cakes. The cheese mixture was very soft and once I had topped with the preserves and finished off the second layer it just wouldn't hold together, In frustration I swirled the jam into the cheese mixture and finished them off that way-not as pretty as the layered look I was going for and the lasagna bases went untouched when I did serve them. The filling was very good but the preparation and presentation suffered a bit. Made for the Whine & Cheese Beverage Tag.Reply