Macaroni and Beef in Tomato Sauce
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 yellow onion (medium size, diced)
- 4 -5 minced garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packet onion soup mix
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- ground black pepper
- 1 lb elbow macaroni (follow cooking instructions below)
- Cook ground beef, onions, and beef bouillon in a large skillet over medium-med/high heat until beef is browned and onion is softened, adding in the minced garlic about 2 minutes before done. Drain off fat.
- Add garlic powder, onion powder, crushed red pepper, onion soup mix, brown sugar, canned tomatoes, tomato sauce, & tomato soup. Stir. Add black pepper to taste. Bring to a bubble, reduce heat to medium and let simmer for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- While the sauce is simmering, partially cook the pasta (about 3 min short of al dente). Drain pasta, reserve 1/2 cup of pasta liquid and add it to the sauce. Add the pasta to the sauce, and stir well. Bring up to bubbling, turn the heat to med-low, cover, and cook for 5-10 min or until pasta is tender, and has absorbed enough liquid to thicken the sauce, stir occasionally to prevent pasta from sticking to the bottom of the skillet. Let sit for 5 min and the sauce will thicken a little more. Serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!