- Ready In:
1 pound candy
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup corn syrup
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup macadamia nuts, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup coconut
- Butter cookie sheet and large saucepan.
- In buttered saucepan, combine sugar, corn syrup and water, mix well.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Cook until candy thermometer registers 275 (soft-crack stage).
- Add butter, vanilla and nuts; cook, stirring constantly, until thermometer registers 300 (hard-crack stage).
- Remove from heat.
- Add baking soda; mix well.
- Stir in coconut.
- Quickly pour mixture onto buttered cookie sheet; spread very thinly.
- Cool 30 minutes or until completely cooled.
- (After 5 to 10 minutes of cooling, brittle can be stretched thinner with 2 forks.).
- Break into pieces.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Hello! I am in Nebraska with three of my four children and a husband of 20 yrs.(the fourth child is in the Army stationed at Fort Bragg) I get to be a stay home mom and LOVE it.(which gives me time to look for new recipes...LOL) We like to camp, play sports,watching movies and lots more. I have a fairly large collection of recipe books, but then you can't ever have enough...right? I came across this site(recipezaar) and instantly fell in love with it. I am sooooo glad I found it.<img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg alt= /> <img src=http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b280/carolinamoon21/Ingredients/CameraLesschef-STICKER.jpg alt= /> <br /><img src=http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a254/Sharon123/Copyoftag300-banner.jpg border=0 alt=Susie's Banner for Newest Zaar Tag /> <br /><img src=http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a254/Sharon123/NZT-2-AnnaciasZaarTagbanner.jpg border=0 alt=Annacia's banner for Zaar Tag /></p>