Mac 'n' Cheese Croquettes
- Ready In:
- 2 cups prepared macaroni and cheese
- 1 cup flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- canola oil
- Roll macaroni and cheese into bit-sized balls.
- Dredge balls in flour seasoned with salt and pepper.
- Tap off excess flour and dip in eggs, then panko.
- Let balls sit for a few minutes to set crust.
- In a separate bowl, mix together mayo, garlic, and lemon juice to make aioli.
- Heat oil in pan until it reaches 375 degrees.
- Very carefully drop balls into hot oil and fry until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Serve croquettes on platter with small bowl of aioli dipping sauce.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
After several floods to my basement, I am starting to input all of the many many recipes that I've been collecting for years. I didn't realize just how many I had saved up... must make note to self.. step away from the cookbooks!