Mac' N' Cheese
- Ready In:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large nonstick skillet, fry the bacon until crisp.
- Drain on paper towels, reserving about 2 tablespoons of the bacon fat.
- In the same pan, add the onions, sugar, salt and pepper. Cook over medium heat, stirring often until golden and carmelized. (15 - 20 minutes). Set aside.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the flour and stir 2 - 3 minutes to combine.
- Add the milk, salt and coriander, and bring to a simmer, stirring often, until thickened.
- Add the cheese, and stir until melted. Set aside.
- Cook the macaroni according to package directions.
- In a 13 X 9 inch casserole dish, combine the bacon, onions, cheese sauce and macaroni. Top with crumbled gorgonzola and bake for 30 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Well, I figured it was time to update my profile again! ?I am finally where I want to be - back in the ER!! ?Still learning new thimgs to cook. I love to cook when I find the time. I am one of those cooks who rarely follows a recepie to the letter (I will the first time). I like to experiment and tweak recepies...sometimes it turns out great and others..well, we call it fend nite, as in fend for yourself mom's creation flopped.