Mac and Cheese With Peas and Bacon
- Ready In:
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to boil on the stove top. Cook macaroni until al dente, following package directions.
- While the pasta cooks, melt butter in large microwavable mixing bowl. When pasta is done, drain and pour into the bowl, mixing to coat with butter.
- Stir in heavy cream and cheeses. Season with salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning to taste. (I used about 6 turns of the pepper mill, 6 shakes of Italian seasoning, and just a pinch of salt.) Stir thoroughly. Add frozen peas and stir again.
- In frying pan over low to medium heat, cook two pieces of bacon. As the bacon gets close to being crisped, add the garlic cloves and cook until they are clear. Drain bacon and garlic on paper towels.
- Pour the macaroni mixture into an 8x8 baking pan. Break the bacon into bits. Sprinkle the bacon and garlic over the top of the macaroni mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until cheese is crispy.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!