Mac and Cheese Rice Cooker Recipe
photo by saramoufarrige_twinmum08
- Ready In:
- 2 cups pasta (i used macaroni)
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups cheese (i used a mix of cheddar and mozzarella )
- 1⁄4 cup cheddar cheese, to top off at the end of the cyle
- 4 ounces of smoked cooked ham (if u like meat in this dish)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1. Place the first 4 ingredients in the rice cooker and cook for about 12 minutes. That's when the water starts to boil.
- 2. Open the lid, add the milk/cream mixer, cheese, nutmeg and smoked ham, stir to combine. Close the lid and cook till it switches to the keep warm setting.
- *Rice cookers heat differently. So make sure to check the mac & cheese in step 2 after about 15-20 minutes once or twice so as to not over cook it.
- 3. Once rice cooker goes to warm add the 1/4 cup of cheddar cheese and let rest for 5 minutes Turn cooker off.
- * ideas: You can also add a cup of precooked ham in 2 step if u like. It adds a nice flavor or omit it.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I am a mum to twin girls. When not looking after them I love cooking and trying new recipes.</p>