Ma You Ji (Sesame Oil Chicken)
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
The chicken is mild sweet from being cooked in Chinese rice wine. From "Saveur" magazine.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 1⁄3 cup dark sesame oil
- 2 in piece fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 3 -4 lbs chicken, cut into 16 pieces
- 2 cups Chinese wine (like michiu)
- kosher salt
- cooked rice or cooked somen noodles, for serving
- Heat oil in a skillet or wok over high heat; add ginger and cook, stirring often, until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add chicken and toss to coat with the oil, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned, about 7 minutes.
- Remove breast meat and transfer to a plate.
- Add wine and bring to a boil; reduce to medium low and simmer, covered, about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Return breast meat and cook 15 minutes; season with salt.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION