Lynchburg Barbecue Sauce (Low Sodium)
A very low sodium barbecue sauce that's not too sweet (which I prefer) from Dick Logue's newsletter of low sodium recipes, which I subscribe to. If you add it too early and it cooks longer than about 1/2 hour it blackens and gets crisp.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup Jack Daniels Whiskey
- 1⁄2 cup reduced sodium ketchup
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1⁄2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- Mix ingredients together.
- Brush on meat while cooking during the last 1/2 hour of grilling.