Luscious Lemon Ice Cream
photo by robd16
- Ready In:
- Bring the juice and zest along with 200ml water and the sugar gently to the boil, stirring to dissolve the sugar.
- Once boiling remove the zest immediately by either straining through a sieve or using a slotted spoon.
- Now boil the syrup for 4 minutes only.
- Meanwhile put the yolks and cornflour into a bowl. Using an electric whisk, whisk until the yolks are thick and then pour over the hot syrup whisking constantly until frothy and smooth.
- Once cool, fold in the whipped cream and freeze.
- Remove from the freezer at least 15 minutes before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I come from a family of food loves, in fact its the subject we talk about most! I've been trying to write a cookbook for years but always hit stumbling blocks or wanted to go in another direction. Its not as easy as it looks! I've decided to upload my all time favorite recipes onto this website. Trust me when I say that good recipes don't make it onto my page, only the truly great and AMAZINGLY TASTY or ingenious and unusual ones do. Most are tried and tested but some I just give the general idea for. You get the gist! I really appriciate your reviews and comments so If you've made or tasted one of my recipes then please leave me some feedback!