Lump Free Easy Gravy
- Ready In:
- 14 14 ounces chicken broth or 14 ounces beef broth
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
Beefy Add Ins
- Worcestershire sauce (optional)
- steak sauce (optional)
- red wine (optional)
Poultry Add Ins
- poultry seasoning (optional)
- celery seed (optional)
- sage (optional)
- white wine (optional)
Beef or Poultry Add Ins
- herbs (optional)
- mushroom, sauteed (optional)
- onion, sauteed (optional)
- Bring canned broth to a low boil in a saucepan.
- Put cornstarch in a DRY container with a tight fitting lid. Add COLD water and shake until completely dissolved.
- Whisk into hot broth and cook just until the gravy is the desired consistency.
- Now you have a smooth base and can add herbs, a splash of wine, some worcestershire or whatever you may wish to add or just serve as is. I always dress it up with something even if it is just a little poultry seasoning for a poultry broth or some worcestershire for beef gravy.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Proud Zaar original member! Very disappointed with the new site.