Luke Mangan's Apricot Ricotta Cake
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Now this is a cake to die for! So easy and delicious. Luke is one of our emminent chefs...cooked for Princess Mary of Denmarks wedding. Enjoy!
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- butter, for greasing the cake tin
- sugar, for greasing the cake tin
- 75 g caster sugar
- 7 free-range eggs, separated
- 500 g ricotta cheese
- 3 oranges, juice and rind of
- 125 g plain flour
- 200 g dried apricots, chopped
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- icing sugar, for dusting
- Preheat the oven for 180°C Grease a 20cm cake tin with butter and sprinkle over some raw sugar, tipping out the excess.
- Beat the caster sugar and egg yolks until pale. Fold through the ricotta, orange rind and juice, flour and apricots. Whisk or beat the egg whites to soft peaks and fold into the mixture.
- Pour into the cake tin, sprinkle with flaked almonds and bake for 1 hour. Let the cake cool in the tin for about 10 minutes before turning out.
- To serve: Dust with icing sugar and serve with crème fraiche.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION