Lucerne Onion Salad (Luzerner Zwiebelsalat)
This recipe is translated from german.
- Ready In:
- 6 -7 small onions, peeled
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons wine vinegar
- rosemary, coriander
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Prepare a marinade of vinegar, rosemary, coriander, salt, pepper
- Cut the peeled onions and garlic slices.
- Fry onions in oil until golden brown.
- Drain and while still hot, add to the marinade.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Loved this served on top of my grilled rib-eye steak. I cut this way back to just one serving and used minced garlic, as it was what I had on hand. I waited til the onions were very soft and starting to brown before adding the garlic, so it wouldn't get to well done and bitter. I am not a fan of rosemary, but am trying to increase my tolerance for it, so I just added a small sprinkle. I could taste it, but it wasn't overpowering. I added the marinade once the onions were done, but didn't bother to chill it, just served it luke warm/cool. Thanks for sharing the recipe. Made for Culinary Quest 2015.