Luby's Macaroni and Cheese
- Ready In:
- 8 ounces dry elbow macaroni
- 2 tablespoons nonfat dry milk powder
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 1⁄4 cups boiling water
- 3 cups grated American cheese, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain and set aside. Heat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, mix dry milk, flour and butter. Gradually add boiling water, beating constantly. Add 1+ cups cheese and continue beating until smooth and creamy. Stir in macaroni, 1 cup of the remaining cheese and salt. Transfer to lightly greased 2-quart baking dish. Cover with foil.
- Bake 25 minutes. Remove foil. Sprinkle with remaining + cup cheese. Continue baking 1 minute, or until cheese melts.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!