Luby's Cafeteria Fresh Strawberry Pie
- Ready In:
2 9inch pies
- For glaze, in medium saucepan, combine 3 cups of the water, sugar, and gelatin.
- Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- In small bowl, gradually mix remaining 1 cup water into cornstarch until smooth.
- Add to saucepan, whisking constantly with a wire whisk.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, about 5 minutes or until mixture is thick and fairly clear. (I suggest stirring constantly).
- Stir in food color.
- Remove from heat and let stand at room temperature cool.
- Do not refrigerate.
- For pies, spread 1/4 cup glaze onto bottom of each pie shell.
- In large bowl, combine strawberries and 2 cups of the glaze.
- Mix gently to coat evenly.
- Spoon half the mixture into each pie shell, arranging berries attractively.
- Spoon half the remaining glaze of each pie, smoothing and sealing glaze to edge of crust with spoon.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Top with whipped cream.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!