Lower Fat Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Based on a recipe from Cooking Light.
- Ready In:
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 6 tablespoons white sugar
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄4 cup plain unsweetened applesauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups old fashioned oats
- 3⁄4 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- In a large bowl, cream together the coconut oil and the sugars. Beat in the egg, followed by the applesauce and the vanilla extract. Stir in the flour mixture and the oats until just combined and no visible flour remains. Stir in the dark chocolate chips.
- Drop tablespoonfuls of the dough onto the prepared baking sheet, flattening each cookie slightly. Bake for about 10-12 minute. Cookies will be light brown at the edges when done.
- Let cool on sheet for 3 or 4 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION