Lower Fat Bearnaise Sauce
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup shallot, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 2⁄3 cup light sour cream (fat free can be used, but low fat gives a smoother texture)
- Combine the first 6 ingredients in a small, heavy saucepan; bring to a boil and cook 1 minute.
- Strain mixture, reserving liquid; discard solids.
- Return liquid to saucepan; stir in sour cream.
- Place over low heat, and cook 1 minute or until warm, stirring frequently.
- ***note*** if you want more intense flavour you may reserve the solids, puree them, and then return them to the sauce along w/ sour cream.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!