Low-Fat Turkey Chili with Black Beans
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup red pepper, diced
- 1 cup green pepper, diced
- 1 cup carrot, diced
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 (16 ounce) container mild fresh salsa
- 3 cups reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 2 (16 ounce) cans black beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium tomato paste
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Add the onions, peppers, carrots, and garlic.
- Cook about 8-10 minutes, stirring frequently, until veggies are tender and onions are golden.
- Add the cumin and chili powder, then stir in the turkey, breaking up the meat.
- Once the turkey is cooked through, add the salsa, black beans, chicken broth, and tomato paste.
- Simmer about 45 minutes over medium heat.
- The chili should thicken as the liquid is reduced.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!