Low Fat Sweet & Sour Pork Stir-Fry
From the American Cancer Society
- Ready In:
- 12 ounces boneless pork loin, trimmed of all visible fat
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple chunks in juice
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon canola oil or 1 tablespoon peanut oil, divided
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 medium carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, cut vertically into 1/2-inch slices
- 8 ears canned baby corn
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- Freeze pork until firm, about 20 minutes. Cut pork into 1/4-inch by 2- or 3-inch strips. Set aside.
- Drain juice from pineapple into a small bowl, reserving pineapple. Add Worcestershire sauce and cornstarch to juice. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Set aside.
- In wok, heat 2 teaspoons oil over high heat. Add pork and stir-fry until white. Add broccoli, carrot, onion, corn, and reserved pineapple. Stir-fry until broccoli and carrots are brightly colored, about 2 minutes. Transfer to plate. Set aside.
- Add remaining 1 teaspoon oil to wok. Add garlic and ginger. Stir-fry until fragrant, about 10 seconds, taking care not to burn them. Stir pineapple juice mixture. Add to wok with meat mixture. Stir-fry until liquid has thickened and meat is cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes. Serve immediately.
- NUTRITION INFO.
- Calories: 202
- Fat: 6 g
- Carbohydrates: 20 g
- Protein: 18 g.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION