Low Fat Spinach & Broccoli Casserole
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Modification of a recipe found on the back of a package of spinach. It is very good if you like vegetable casseroles, but without the fat!
- Ready In:
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms, lightly sauteed in margarine & chopped garlic
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can fat-free cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 2 egg whites, well beaten
- salt and pepper
- Microwave spinach & broccoli as per package directions; drain well.
- Meanwhile, saute mushrooms in light margarine & crushed garlic.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine soup, mayo, egg whites and seasonings.
- Add cooked vegies, including mushrooms.
- Mix well.
- Pour mixture into an 8x8 pan which has been sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake at 350 for about 35-40 minutes, or until firm.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This unfortunately did not go over very well with my family. They said it was a bit bland so the cayenne pepper is probably a good addition as mentioned in the previous review. I didn't care for the mayonnaise taste. I'd probably omit it and try some low-fat cheese instead. Thank you for the healthy recipe.Reply