Low Fat Shrimp or Crab Coleslaw
photo by Peter J
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 5 cups cabbage (very finely shredded)
- 1 small sweet red pepper (finely sliced)
- 1 carrot (finely grated)
- 2 green onions (chopped)
- 3 cups cooked shrimp or 3 cups crab
- 1 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 2 teaspoons dried dill
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar (sweetened, salt free preferred)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mustard
- Combine all of the coleslaw ingredients and mix well.
- Combine all of the dressing ingredients and pour over the coleslaw mix.
- Chill for at least 1 hour before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Very nice. I used both fresh blue crab meat and fresh shrimp. I had only 1 green onion so I used a little finely chopped red onion as well. I had a lot of slaw (more than 5 cups cabbage) and only 2 small 6 oz cups of plain yogurt so I added a little ranch dressing cut with more rice vinegar. Very adaptable recipe. We had it as dinner along with my homemade oriental chicken salad. AWESOME! This one's a keeper!!