Low-Fat Potato and Leek Soup
photo by Rhondapalooza
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1 large carrot, peeled and diced
- 3 medium organic leeks, rinsed and sliced (white and light green parts only)
- 1 lb organic yukon gold potato, peeled and chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup organic chicken or 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 1⁄2 cups wild oats organic nonfat milk
- 2 teaspoons thyme
- sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup fresh chives, chopped
- Heat oil in a large soup pot. Add garlic, shallots, carrots and leeks. Cook for 5 minutes, or until soft.
- Add potatoes, broth and milk. Bring to a boil, then turn down to a simmer and cook for about 25 minutes, or until potatoes are fork-tender.
- Blend until smooth with an immersion blender or in small batches in a standard blender.
- Adjust seasoning to taste. Serve warm garnished with chives.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
THE BOMB!Easy peasy to prepare... great taste! I used coconut milk.. not the vanilla of course.. and not out of the can.. but since i am vegetarian.. gluton free and i dont drink milk... this is great! I am going to make it again .. soon. Oh.. and I didnt blend it. Since I travel, I put them in plastic containers, froze it and it will be great for lunch.