Low Fat Lemon Poppy Seed Cake
photo by Aunt Paula
- Ready In:
1 bundt cake
- 1 box reduced-fat yellow cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup fat free sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 cup plain plain fat-free yogurt
- 1 cup egg substitute
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine cake mix and sugar.
- Add sour cream, water, yogurt, egg substitute and lemon juice.
- Beat at medium speed for 5-6 minutes.
- Stir in poppy seeds by hand.
- Spray a bundt pan with cooking spray and pour in the batter.
- Bake about 40 minutes or til a toothpick in center of cake comes clean.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes.
- Stir glaze ingredients together and drizzle over warm cake.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
see 2 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a wife, Mother and Grandmother. I am a native Texan and can't imagine living anywhere else. My Grandmother taught me to cook before I could see the top of the counter. I remember standing on a stool in her kitchen learning to make pancakes. My Mother loved to cook and it seems she was cooking (or cleaning) most of the time. So those are the two ladies responsible for nurturing my love of cooking! <a href="http://s245.photobucket.com/albums/gg77/monji74/?action=view¤t=groupie1.jpg" target="_blank"><img src="http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg77/monji74/groupie1.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"></a> As you can see I cook and review recipes more than I post them. That's because I am a pinch of this and a dollop of that cook and it's hard to put those recipes down on paper. <img src="http://www.satsleuth.com/cooking/Swap14.JPG"> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/untitled.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting"> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/200_artistrichardneuman-art-prints_.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting">