Low Fat Golden Apple Crisp Custard
This was from Prevention- March 1994. You can't go wrong with this flavorful dessert. With only 10% of calories from fat, this recipe is a lifesaver when your sweet-tooth is aching for a treat. I don't know what Zaar will come up with, but here are the stats from Prevention: Serves 8, 156 calories, 1.7 g.fat, 2.1 g.dietary fiber, 5 g. protein, 32.6 g.carbs, 2 g.cholesterol, 80mg.sodium.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 4 cups apples (sliced)
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice and zest of
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 3⁄4 cup egg substitute
- 1 cup low-fat granola cereal
- Coat 10 inch pie pan with no-stick spray.
- In a large bowl, toss together apples, lemon rind, lemon juice and 1 T honey.
- Spread in prepared dish.
- In same bowl, whisk together yogurt, egg substitute, and remaining 2 T honey.
- Pour over the apples.
- Sprinkle w/the granola, leaving a 1-inch rim around the edge.
- Bake at 350F for 50 to 60 minute or until puffed and golden. Serve warm.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I made this last night to satisfy my sweet tooth, yet try to stay healthy. It was quick and easy to prepare (I left the peel on the apples for added nutrition). I just did a light sprinkling of granola on top to save calories. It totally hit the spot and I will definitely make it on a regular basis!1Reply
Oh man!! Everyone needs to try this recipe whether you are watching your weight or not!!! It is ssooo good! The lemony custard lends a great deal of unique character to this traditional dish. This is an EXCELLENT hidden treasure recipe! I'd give it 10-stars if I could. My kids loved it too. I served it warm with a little bit of LF ice cream and a sprinkling of cinnamon. Delicious!1Reply