Low Fat Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Ready In:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugars together with an electric mixer until creamy. Add egg white and vanilla and mix until well blended.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt and cocoa powder.
- Gradually add flour mixture to egg and sugar. Use a wooden spoon to work the dough together. Don’t worry if the dough seems a little crumbly at first. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop cookie dough by the teaspoonful on to a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone mat if you have one.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. Cool on cookie sheet for 1 minute, then transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This recipe was awesome. Instead of chocolate chips, I added 1/2 cup of oates and a 1/4 cup of raisins to the batter, along with a pinch of cinnamon and nutmeg. I also poured the batter into an 8x8 inch pan, and made bar cookies instead! They were irresistable from the very first bite. They even tasted better the next day!
Yum... I doubled this recipe and used splenda brown for the brown sugar and 1/2 splenda 1/2 white sugar for the white. Plus I used whole wheat pastry flour since it's all I have. These were little brownie morsels with chocolate chips. I shaped them into balls and they definitely stayed like that! Quick and easy to pop into your mouth!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a real estate agent in the lovely city of Rochester, New York. That's not what I expected to do with my life. I got my bachelor's in psychology, my masters in literacy education, and I taught high school special education for two years. Then I discovered that helping people find the homes of their dreams was my real passion. I've been doing it for over two years now and still absolutely love my career. Other than that, I have a very spoiled Border Collie mix named Bear that I adopted from a local shelter in spring '08. He's gorgeous and fun and brings me great joy. Now if only I could find a man like that... LOL!