Low-Fat Chicken Curry
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- 1 large onion, sliced into strips
- 1 green capsicum, sliced into strips
- 1 red capsicum, sliced into strips
- 2 tablespoons garam masala powder
- 1 teaspoon dried chili pepper flakes (or chopped fresh chili pepper to taste)
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chopped tomatoes
- lemon juice
- cooking spray or oil
- Fry the chicken in a non-stick large frying pan or wok.
- When the chicken is nearly cooked, add the onion, peppers, garam masala, garlic, and chili and stir-fry for a few minutes Now add the tomatoes, salt and pepper and a dash of lemon juice.
- Bring to the boil then simmer very slowly for an hour or so- you want the sauce to reduce by half to give a thick consistency and concentrated flavour.
Join The Conversation
We love curry, but since it tends to be not so great for us I really, really wanted to like this recipe. Unfortunately, I just wasn't very fond of it. I gave it 3 stars instead of 2 because my bf liked it a bit more than I did, and it has potential. I think with less garam masala, more other spices, and possibly some coconut milk, this could become a much tastier low-fat alternative, so I will try again with said alterations.